Accounting Manager, Finance
CLX is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to oversee our accounting department. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, budgeting, developing internal accounting controls, tracking high volume corporate client accounts and working with a strong financial team. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager in the UK and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
This is a hands-on role with full responsibility for the entire accounting process for CLX Communications Inc.
- Production of timely and accurate monthly closings for CLX US.
- Report monthly end closing figures in the Group’s consolidation system, Aaro.
- Review and posting of salary, commission & bonus journals.
- Responsible for inter-company reconciliations.
- Responsible for fixed asset register.
- Prepare and submit VAT, tax returns and other external statutory reporting.
- Compilation of balance sheet reconciliations and quarterly audit files.
- Liaising with project managers to analyse costs of various company projects ensuring accurate financial reporting, including the capitalisation of headcount and contractor spend.
- Identify, analyse, and comment on material variations in monthly figures.
- Assist with creation of annual budgets/quarterly forecasts, and continuously analyse outcome vs budget/forecast figures, identify material discrepancies, and report these.
- Liaise with external auditors to drive year-end audit process to completion.
- Preparation of statutory accounts.
- Ensure that the Group’s cash flow forecast is updated with forecasted incoming payments on a monthly basis.
- Compile ad hoc financial information for group management as needed.
- Act as a team-leader for the CLX US finance team, coordinating the work of the team members in order to ensure timely and correct financial reporting.
- System responsibility Great Plains.
- Suggest and assist with developing and operating new and/or more efficient, financial processes.
- Any financial ad hoc tasks as need be.
Skills and experience needed:
- Ability/willingness to take full responsibility for the entire accounting process for CLX US
- Used to working to deadlines
- Experience of preparing the monthly management accounts and statutory accounts
- Good Excel skills
- Good skills in Great Plains or similar system
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Attention to detail
- Systematic and methodical way of working
- Ability to assess priorities and make decisions
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, team player
- Professional, enthusiastic
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Delivery focused
- Take pride in high quality and timely delivery of our commitments
- Strive for continuous improvement and increased efficiency
- Embrace cross-functional collaboration for the benefit of the entire company
- Promote knowledge sharing
- Honesty, integrity
- Diligence, motivated
- Has “spirit” – shows commitment and passion in their work
- Entrepreneurial, but at the same time applies a structured approach
- Willingness to learn/ being open to new ideas
- Adaptability/ flexibility and resilience
- Takes ownership/ accountability
To apply for this position, please click here.
CLX Communications is an equal opportunity employer: M/F/D/V