Job Title: Software Developer
Location: Barbican - London, UK
Reports to: Director of Engineering UK
CLX Communications are the world’s largest mobile transaction network. Our company mission is to simplify global cloud communications and to find a niche by serving both the enterprise and mobile operator sides of the value chain. In order to do this we have developed shared in-house state-of-the-art technology and products which allows us to quickly and efficiently build bridges between different players in the market. Now in our 9th year, our mission is to keep adapting to the changing markets, communications use cases and grow our product portfolio, from Messaging, to Voice and now on to data services like IoT Connectivity. Our core value however remains to delivery the highest quality products through deep Tier 1 integrations with mobile operators around the world.
Our platform is a 4th generation delivery engine, the same platform that powers 70+ operator’s core VAS infrastructure globally. This delivery engine is highly tuned with our Tier 1 Super Network to provide one of the highest deliverability at the lowest latency in the industry. Due to our deep integration in carriers we are able to carefully map error codes, ensure end to end encoding and optimize capacity to ensure maximum results. The CLX platform processes in excess of 1 Billion API events per month and hasn’t broken a sweat which demonstrates that we can scale with our customers needs no matter how big they are. Our core delivery engine is rated at more than 10,000 transactions per second per node.
● You must have Front end software development experience of at least 4 years+
● Experience of at least one or more middle tier web applications – Spring, GraphQL, Java, Perl, Json, Web Services.
● You will be a valued and important member of successful Scrum teams, equally responsible for the quality of the software that’s produced within each sprint.
● You will be actively supporting the team to translate the User Stories into code.
● You will be accountable for ensuring that when the sprint concludes your high quality deliveries are integrated with the other artifacts in the team.
● You are expected to educate the team on new technologies, automated testing and documentation and feel proud about the team achievements.
About your responsibilities
● Work in an agile, cross functional team taking responsibility for the team deliverables and quality.
● Heavily contribute to the code base (This is a 100% hands-on code design and coding role)
● Work closely with other software engineering teams and business stakeholders to develop our internal and external web applications
● Promote good software engineering practices (e.g. test driven development, performance in design, self-healing solutions)
● Maintain and improve development methodologies and best practice.
● Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in related technology arenas that could impact current projects and influence new projects.
● You must be a highly creative, enthusiastic, conscientious, a detail oriented self-starter
● Have an excellent understanding of continuous integration/delivery and test automation
● Have proven experience of working with Agile concepts and methodologies
● Have proven experience of working in teams in the successful delivery of complex, highly performing and high quality software systems.
● Be proactive and self sufficient individual capable of taking ownership of entire environments and any issues with them
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Attention to detail is essential
● Ability to ”take the initiative” and to strive to improve
● Ability to plan and manage commitments
Required Skills and experience
● Experience of Java development tools (JDK) and technologies.
● Experience in software engineering technologies such as Java, Java/Spring, PHP, MySQL, Hibernate
● Strong development exposure - full knowledge and experience of development life cycle
● Must be driven and focused on problem identification and resolution ● Experience of using code management tools - ideally GitLab, SVN
● Experience of using TDD and/or automation tools (ie) Selenium, JUnit, TestNG
● Good software management skills, archiving, installing and configuring commercial and open source tools. ● Strong Linux scripting – PERL, BASH
● You have a University degree within Computer Science or Software Engineering and experience of Java software development.
● Ideally vocational qualifications or proven experience in Software Development and Testing