System Architect RCS
Title: System Architect
Reports to: Director System Architecture
The CLX Engineering team is looking for a highly experienced System Architect to join our System Architecture team. This role requires a drive and passion for software architecture, design and hands on development; especially concentrating in the mobile messaging space.
As a full stack developer, with expertise in Java, you must have at least 10 years experience in managing stakeholders, understanding business requirements and implementing those into software artifacts from design, implementation, test through to live deployments.
Your initial special focus areas will be our RCS Messaging API and Chatbot platforms, both their internal design and implementation as well as how they shall integrate with our BSS and web systems. We are looking for someone that can work hands on with the development team, on solution design and coding, up until we have an established RCS API service used by our customers, at which point new projects may be in focus.
A fluency in Java, Linux, SQL, networking technologies and traditional Application To Person SMS is assumed. Insights to current RCS specifications and deployments in the industry would be a great advantage.
About your responsibilities
- Provide development teams with overall design, guidelines and support on how high level requirements shall be implemented across our software components
- Be an individual contributor in establishing principles, mechanisms and documentation of how our software components interface and interact to form our greater systems and solutions
- Drive and coordinate updates to our data models necessary to cater for new requirements
- Drive our customer facing components towards zero downtime design, aiming for always available and no upgrade downtime
- Keep abreast of cyber security and specifically which of our software components that will need modifications and improvements to offer system and information security
- Collaborate with our Operations team to agree solutions on infrastructure level that support our design objectives and requirements
- Assist and participate in development team’s effort in analysis of requirements and design of solutions
- Work with teams to code on critical and/or urgent areas
- Initial 6-12 month focus: System design and implementation of our RCS API and Chatbot platforms
- You love software design and coding
- You see through the industry hype of today and use self-experience and research to come up with solutions that delivers robust and high performance solutions
- You have the ability to explain complex problems to engineers and management and drive solutions by combining input from teams with your own experience and ability to make decisions
- Have an excellent understanding of continuous integration/delivery and test automation
- Have proven experience of working with Agile concepts and methodologies
- Have proven experience of working in teams in the successful delivery of complex, highly performing and high quality software systems.
- Be proactive and self sufficient individual capable of taking ownership of entire environments and any issues with them
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have a University degree within Computer Science or Software Engineering and experience of Java software development.
- Ideally vocational qualifications or proven experience in Software Development and Testing