A Step by Step Guide to Sending SMS with CLX
Essential information to get you started
We want to get you set up as quickly and easily as possible, so here’s a quick guide to ensure you can start sending with CLX today!
Here you’ll find all the information you need to set up your new CLX account. From verifying your account, logging in, sending test messages, adding services, setting up billing, right through to how to contact the Support team!
Step 1 - Verifying Your Account
1. Once you have signed up you’ll need to verify your account. This will allow you access to all of the products and services we offer.
2. You will receive a verification email which will provide you with an activation link. If you don’t see the email, please check your spam filters; they sometimes get caught up there!
3. Once verified your account will be fully accessible. You’ll be able to log into the customer portal, add services, complete billing information, order Numbers or submit a Support ticket.
4. We have already added the REST API service to your account and you’ll find the API key on the dashboard, so you have everything you need to get testing today! If you’re not planning to integrate with an API, no problem! We’ve added a Batch Sender web tool to your account too. Plus you’ll find £1/€1/$1 of test credit added to your account, so you’re all ready to go!
Step 2 - From Testing to Sending
Log In – Once you are logged in, you will be able to access the Dashboard of the Customer Portal. Here you will find quick links to all of our services.
Testing Services – With the test credit we have added to your account, you can test the Batch Sender Web Tool or the API services, REST & SMPP.
Sending – When you are happy with your testing and you’re ready to start sending live SMS traffic, you’ll need to complete the fields found in the ‘Account Information’ section. This will allow you to add credit to your account.
Step 3 - Billing
1. Go to the Billing tab on the left-hand side of your Dashboard. Here you can purchase credit. Your account has a live balance and the cost of the messages you send will be deducted in real time.
2. You can purchase up to £1000 (€1000) credit immediately Via credit or debit card or using the PayPal option. For larger purchases we recommend using the ‘Invoice’ option and making a bank transfer.
3. Billing email alerts from the Billing tab, you can set up your email preferences for daily usage emails and Low Balance Warning notifications via email or SMS
4. Additional billing functionality In the Billing section you can also generate balance sheets, display recent and unpaid invoices and enable Automatic Invoicing.
Step 4 - Adding Services
From the Dashboard it’s just one click to our find Services page.
Click on the ‘Add’ button beside the Service you require to add it to your account.
Once added, you will be able to access the service by clicking on the ‘Manage’ button for each service, where information such as login details, pricing, documentation and message search and volume tools are all available.
Step 5 - Support
1. Our 24/7 Technical Support team are on hand to help you with any technical issues you have. Click on the Support Tickets tab on the left-hand side of your Dashboard to get started.
2. Creating a Support Ticket You can create a new Support Ticket by selecting ‘Create New Support Ticket’ and filling out the form with a description of the problem, any attachments and which services are affected.
3. Want to monitor the progress of one of your existing tickets? You can track support previous requests by searching by keyword from within the Support tab.
4. Anything else? Visit the Help section for further information, FAQs, service documents and tutorials. Any other questions? Please contact your Account Manager who will be happy to assist!